Monday, January 7, 2008

Happy New Year

The New Year has been rung in, all 12 Drummers have drummed, and the Wise Men have arrived. My mother migrates her Kings towards the Holy Family as the Epiphany draws near. If I were to do that in my house, as those of you who know about my collection of Wise Men can imagine, it would look like a scene out of Braveheart. I enjoy my collection of Magi. They make me happy. It also cracks me up that my parents find ways of springing sets of them on me. This year they hid 2 sets during a brief visit.

My holidays were great. I got "Carnival Games" for the Wii and a group of us played that along with board games and "Guitar Hero" on New Year's Eve weekend. We began the gathering at 2:30 p.m. with 75 Jello shots (6 varieties) and wrapped things up around 1:15 a.m. with 21 shots left. Here are some truths: champagne foam does gel and the gold flakes in Goldschlager look awesome in Jello shots, TFM is the king of Guitar Hero, and 10+ hours of playing with friends is much better than working.

I have been working on my list of 43 Things for 2008. I did 51% of last year's list. Erica did not learn to juggle and requested that she be placed back on the list. I have also relisted several others from 2007. New to the list include: use raclette grill by 2/29/08 (or I have to get rid of it), make 4 recipes from my new subscription to Southern Living, read Peaceable Kingdom, dig for shark teeth in Venice, and weed personal bookcase at home. Perhaps I will share more in upcoming posts or in response to reader demand (haha). As always, I invite you to make your own lists and share them with me.

I hope your 2008 is a happy, healthy, and prosperous one.

No comments: