Friday, December 28, 2007

NPR Homework

On Saturday as I was driving home after work, on my way to "Christmas Break," and I was listening to NPR when the commentator assigned us homework. I was so enthralled by the idea that I called my voicemail at work to remind myself to think about it for the blog. I just went to elibrary for the transcript to give you the exact wording:

"Melody Kramer is a producer at NPR's WAIT WAIT DON'T TELL ME. She lives in Chicago. Melody just told us what she's happy she did this year. How about you? For this week's homework assignment, I want you to send me a story about the best thing you did in 2007. What are you proudest of? What did you accomplish that you never thought you could?"

I really liked the question, especially as I prepare to review last year's 43 Things to make new ones for the coming year. High on my list of best would be the recent Disney vacation. The 4 of us had a great time and it has been a long time since I have been away with my parents. Another highlight was riding the Segway. I had a massage in a palapa on the beach in Mexico this summer. Super awesome! I never thought I would actually read War and Peace. There are a lot of things I'm proud of this year, especially Ann's quilt. Even though I was already a technogeek, I made great a great leap forward with this blog and the Professional Collection one and other technology. Overall, despite the accident, I had a terrific year. Perhaps being happy at work and home is my great accomplishment.

Want to add your bests, proudests, and surprise accomplishments?

No comments: