Saturday, January 12, 2008

Signs

Like most years, the ringing in of the new year brought with it a new number...however, the implications of 2008 are more interesting than they have been for awhile. Virtually hovering all over the workroom this year are invisible balloons and banners reading, "Lordy, Lordy look who's 40!" ScheduleMaster was the first to cross the decade line. Her birthday was yesterday. I will join her in April and ML will join us in November. My grandmother always said that I would not become myself until I was 35; she had no way of knowing that I would move to Florida and things grow a little quicker here. If I could go back and tell my 20-something self to chill out, I'd gladly take that trip because 33-39 has been a great improvement. I don't know if "40 is the new 30" but I'm digging the way the 30s have ended up. Once I find out how ScheduleMaster's first weekend in the 40s went and if I can get my hands on a Nintendo DS Lite (have I mentioned that new obsession)...then I'll be ready to roll.

No comments: