Thursday, April 12, 2007

Happy New Year

Yes...it is a little late to be heralding the arrival of the New Year, but my blog is new and I have quite a bit to catch soon-to-be-loyal readers up on before it gets even later. The financial guru of the 80s, Charles Givens, used to advocate making a dreams list and a strategies list. I especially like his idea of listing things you want to do, places you want to go, and what you want to be or accomplish. For the past 9 years or so I have made resolutions that sort of evolved into "life lists." Reading War and Peace has been on that list for years and I have never managed to accomplish that goal. This year as I was preparing my resolutions list, I came upon a webinar through the SirsiDynix Institute that ultimately led to http://www.43things.com/. The 43 things website has people listing goals they have. Some goals are lofty, some are small. It's an addicting site. I decided to come up with 43 things for the year of varying magnitude. In future posts I'll let you know how I'm doing. I will tell you that on January 3rd I started War and Peace and finished on March 6th. Happy New Year!

No comments: