Friday, April 13, 2007

Fountainhead Discussion Blogging

Sally's comment raises a very interesting point about the actual plans of the Librarian Boulevard Book Club. This whole group reading project started from my desire to catch up on some reading I should have done years ago. After all, you expect your doctor to be healthier and your personal trainer to be in better shape than you. I don't want my patrons to feel their librarian isn't well read. So reading War and Peace was personal and Smashler jumped on the bandwagon and then she felt she should read All Quiet on the Western Front, so I did too, to help motivate her. Now we have The Fountainhead to read and Sally, at another library location wants to join us. We have the opportunity to try out a book discussion in blog format. Both Sally and I lead book discussions at our respective locations and this will give us the chance to see how an online discussion would work. I think we can all read at our own paces and post comments as we see fit. I doubt there will be any spoilers in this book. Now that we'll do this online, anyone else want to join?

2 comments:

kddailey said...

I would participate, although I'd have to do it from memory. I can't reread it now but I've read it several times. Kim Dailey

Infobabe said...

Participation is the key. My guess, although I am only a little bit into Rand's Introduction to the Twenty-fifty Anniversary Edition, is that she makes an impression. Other comments will probably jog your memory. We'll be glad you have your input. No rereading necessary.