Monday, June 1, 2009

April Showers to May Flowers...Now its June

After several months of planning, it's finally over, my first conference as a real presenter. I have participated in conferences and "Days" in the form of poster sessions in nursing and library schools, but this was my first conference as a panelist. From the initial invitation, I admit, I was honored/flattered, but the amount of direction I received was rather limited so I was unsure quite how to prepare. I made lists and timelines, printed out "talking points" based upon the last-minute outline I was provided, and reviewed issues of Professional Development that might come up in my session. The two other panelists and I discussed all sorts of things but I'm not sure that my preparation mattered. The audience was terrific. It's all a blur, however. I've been invited to participate again next year as well as in something else. I guess I was successful. Next time I'll try to pay better attention.

No comments: