Saturday, July 21, 2007

Welcome Back, Potter

Yesterday I was off for working today and my personal assignment was to finish Raymond Khoury's new book for my Library Journal review. Some of you may be familiar with Erica's poll, "Do You Eat in Bed?" She has been on this kick since last Saturday when this issue came up at dinner at Red Lobster. She has been asking EVERYBODY including our director (he does not). Her most recent blog post discusses this issue. The people who do not eat in bed answer no with such derision in their voices you might think the issue were sacrificing puppies to volcano gods. Those who answer yes discuss the joys and pleasures and can't believe everyone doesn't do it. Quite the divided issue. Erica will be polling until she has a landslide victory of nays. Anyway...to facilitate my assignment, I spent the day in bed (including having a bowl of cereal) reading. I finished my book and started my review. Today at work I finished the review and submitted it. Yea!!! That means that I am Potter-ready. I am bound and determined to be be done with the new Potter by work on Monday. We are so afraid of spoilers around here today that several of us have changed our Internet opening page defaults from Yahoo! to Google not to risk any news. Additionally, I posted signs everywhere requesting, "Please do not discuss the details or ending of the newest Harry Potter book (#7). Not everyone has had a chance to read it yet."

1 comment:

Galileo's Dog said...

Hello, took me at least 25 clicks to find another blog in English that wasn't huckstering either software or insurance. I've been meaning to read In Cold Blood as well but haven't because I heard Capote was mean to Harper Lee and that's why she wrote no more books. You write very well, Ms Librarian, I try to in my own rambling sort of way. I might not work at a library but the one at our campus is my favorite place to hang out. Feel free to peruse my blog at:
http://galileosdog.blogspot.com
Have a good day, --Eric (aka galileo's dog)