Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Sacco and Vanzetti Must Die

Today's book discussion was interesting. I had 6 attendees including a new participant and our intern. Jane, our Head of Circ. did not attend this month and I am not counted in that total. Only Harry, the intern, and I finished the book. Those who didn't finish couldn't get into it and found it unreadable. No one really liked it, although they kept stressing they didn't blame me. Harry had a hard time reconciling the book characters with the historical Sacco and Vanzetti because he has a soft spot for the real ones. Our discussion was interesting anyway and I brought in a Publix Cassata Cake (from Publix Web site: "Our rendition of the classic Italian wedding cake layers sweet ricotta cheese filling and rum-flavored chocolate custard in a moist cake. Enrobed in whipped topping and toasted almond crunch, crowned with a small cannoli") to celebrate the several July birthdays in my book group. The Cassata Cake also make the connection to our Italian protagonists. The cake, which I had never had before, was fabulous! Next month...A French Country Murder.

No comments: