Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Time to Catch Up

This has been a very eventful couple of days for me. On Sunday I had dinner with a friend from college. She lives in Minnesota now and was coming to Sanibel for a conference and asked me to meet her for dinner. I was reluctant because we have drifted apart and our last meeting went very poorly, mostly my fault, and I was uncomfortable with that. There are some friends you can have sporadic contact with and pick up where you left off while others seem to require constant attention or else you spend the bulk of your time explaining why you haven't been in touch. You can guess what type this friend is. Nevertheless, I felt compelled to see this person who knew me well for a short while, a long time ago, and has not really known me for a long time now. Our dinner was fine. I feel great about my life. I felt sad about parts of hers. I think it healed the last visit. Mission accomplished.

Yesterday was the First Monday in October...opening session of the Supreme Court. I am always aware of it and am always excited by it. This year we will see a major constitutional test of gun owners' rights and that should prove to be interesting.

Finally, today I was fully cleared by Internet Public Library to be a volunteer Reference Librarian. As soon as things calm down this month, I'll dive in and see what that is all about.

No comments: