Thursday, November 29, 2007

Finally a Post

I find I am suffering from the same syndrome on this blog as I am with some of my email friends and that is that I have not written for so long that it is easier not to write anything than to decide what to include. I'm tempted to blast out some headlines at the risk of sounding like Billy Joel's "We Didn't Start the Fire." On Thanksgiving Eve I picked up my brand new car, a 2008 Honda Accord EX-L V6 sedan. The color has a dumb name - Polished metal metallic. A little redundant. It's a pretty awesome car, though. I did not intend to get a new car. On October 26th a red light runner at Bell Tower and Daniels crashed into me. In my nearly 23 years of driving I have never been involved in an accident. This one, despite being a side impact, deployed the airbags. Anyway...State Farm totaled the car and I had my rental (the exact vehicle I requested), and a check for more than I probably could have traded it in or sold it for based on the NADA I calculated, within the week. State Farm was terrific. When I bought the last car, also a Honda Accord, I said it would be the car to take me into my 40s. I missed by a few months. This new car will take me into my 50s...Eeeek!

On another note...This past week in Fantasy Football my winning streak came to an end when I was stomped by the Colombians. I am, however, still in 1st place in the league for the 4th week in a row. TFM is in 2nd place where we hoped he would be. At least for a week we are 1 & 2!

Finally, it may be immodest to mention it, but I am profiled in the current issue of Gulfshore Life magazine in an article about local book clubs. I made sure to give information about our book discussion kits for the side bar. There is even a picture. My mother is thrilled.

I had much to be thankful for last week. I hope you did as well.

4 comments:

Sally2.0 said...

Infobabe! Fabulous photo. Wow, I'm impressed with the whole article. How did Nancy S. find you to feature your discussions? I hope this info will be in the Communique. How else will folks know about it - of course, I'll tell all.

Infobabe said...

I don't know if it will be in the Communique. Nancy is a patron here and my book discussions must have come up at some point. She interviewed me and we discussed that there are book discussions at other locations, but she only focused on mine.

Anonymous said...

Could not find a suitable section so I written here, how to become a moderator for your forum, that need for this?

Anonymous said...

Could not find a suitable section so I written here, how to become a moderator for your forum, that need for this?