Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Happy Halloween

Today I am dressed, as I am sure millions of Halloween participants are, as Vasco da Gama. Sure, it's a common costume, but there are also millions of witches. Last year I was the Count of Monte Cristo. The year before I was Imhotep, the Pharaoh's architect. I have been Zorro, Tycho Brahe, and Galileo. Sometimes I make coordinating business cards. When I was little my mother made my costumes and they were works of art. She planned them for months and researched them extensively in the library. Our town held a Halloween parade and costume contest every year and almost every year I won. I went trick or treating only in my own neighborhood using a plastic jack-o'lantern or bag created to coordinate with my costume. Never a pillowcase. The worst candy to receive was butterscotch. We trick or treat in our branch. In fact, as I write this part (it is 1:44 p.m.) and we are in the midst of trick or treating from cubicle to cubicle. Several of us believed that the YS office did not have candy available so 5 of us TPed their office. We were almost finished when we spotted the top hat filled with candy. OOPS! The Viking said, "keep going and take the candy." I tried to reason to reason with them. Finally, I put my foot down and we decided to strip the TP and do Fred's cubicle like last year. What a hoot. Then we heard FH in TelRef didn't dress up, provide candy, and wasn't trick or treating, we TPed him, too. We're still chuckling. Ah to be a kid! Have a happy and safe Halloween!

No comments: