Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Magical Properties

I would love to know what magical properties I seem to have that allows me to make Web sites appear or library card numbers work to allow patrons access to the computer or to make reservations or to make their print jobs appear on the print release station when mere moments ago, when I was summoned like a taxi, these events were impossible. I'm not talking about the the miraculous "num lock" key, which I swear, some days I wish I worked on a commission for that one. These patrons say they did the same thing I did, but when I do it - poof - like magic. Too bad magic fingers don't work on a slot machine or ATM.

2 comments:

TooManyBooks said...

Oh Laura, that's too funny! I wish I had a nickle for everytime I go to a computer and find that the num locks is off OR that all the patron needed to do was actually READ what was on the screen!:))
Maryellen

Anonymous said...

Maybe you should lay hands on a Florida Lotto form and see which numbers your fingers land on...