Thursday, April 26, 2007

First Lines

I have started reading The Fountainhead. After Rand's Introduction, I was a little worried that this book was going to be a real chore, but the first line caught me..."Howard Roark laughed." What I like about this line, other than its simplicity, is that someday, I might be asked what that line is from, and I will know it. It has probably already been a Jeopardy question. We are officially reading this title now because Smashler finished War and Peace, 5 days faster than I did, she pointed out. When the International Olympic Committee determines that reading is a sport, I'm sure ALA will field a team. Great Britain will probably sweep the Cozy Mystery events, though. So...The Fountainhead is off and running. If you are joining us in this project, please feel free to begin reading and posting at will. I am already enjoying that I am reading it. I hope to enjoy what I am reading; I think I will.

No comments: